Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Duck a muck!

Trivia, continued

Have I mentioned I love trivia? I thought we did great this year. We ended up in 73rd place, up from 130 something last year which is fantastic for our “sophomore year” If we go up 60 places each year, we’ll be rock stars next year, though I don’t think it’s possible. We were much more organized, the setup was better, and we had more people. I still think we have a few things to work on, so I’m going to post them now while it’s fresh in my mind:

We need a schedule- It needs to have questions recorders, point keepers, players, AND SLEEP schedules so that people actually get some
We need to keep the questions from year to year
Look at the Belts sign
Carl Yastremski and Ward Clever are always questions
Kids are an asset to the team
Find a good commercial site
Make sure someone is awake for the early morning shifts
Find Capri Sun and Kashi boxes, ads or anything else to do with them
Find a couple different age groups to play with us
I think some were more into it than others, but it was great to have everyone there, especially those that helped take care of the kids so Eric and I could play and get some sleep. It’s more helpful than you’d think. Here is to Trivia 41! Let’s set the goal for top 50, we can do it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree.
    I think we should rotate who records the questions. Although maybe we could have one computer dedicated to it.
    You don't find as many of the answers when your recording the questions, but it's great to be able to look back at the ones we got right and wrong and know exactly what the question was asking.
    Also, then maybe we can look for trends.

    I was at the grocery store today and I was analyzing everything for it's potential as a trivia question. But, we don't really have anyplace to put that stuff now.

    Does anybody have an idea about the best way to keep track of this stuff?

    ReplyDelete